1. ISD was originally formed as a spin-off from the Software Engineering Institute (SEI), operating under a Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA).
2. ISD is a CMMI Institute partner for delivering the Introduction to the CMMI courses, and Certified SCAMPI Lead Appraiser and High Maturity services.
3. ISD is licensed by Carnegie Mellon University’s ITsqc to deliver the eSourcing Capability Model for Service Providers (eSCM-SP) introductory training and lead eSCM evaluations.
Appraisal and Process Improvement Experience
1. ISD core staff have more than 100 person years’ experience in systems and software process improvement.
2. ISD staff have participated in or led over 400 process appraisals, within many different application domains, organizational sizes and types, across all maturity levels.
3. ISD has current, relevant experience with companies developing process infrastructure at all maturity levels.
4. ISD staff are recognized high maturity experts.
Appraisal Method Development
1. ISD staff were members of the SCAMPI v1.3 method upgrade development. ISD staff were members of the SCAMPI V1.1 method core development team at the SEI
2. ISD developed a proprietary method, called the Comprehensive Appraisal Method (CAM); it was one of several source methods for SCAMPI V1.1.
3. ISD staff contributed to the development of, provided training for, and delivered all published versions of SEIappraisal methods, including the SCE V3.0 method which is jointly owned by ISD and SEI.
Model, Method, and Process Improvement Training
ISD has delivered all types of process improvement training to over 5500 people.
ISD operates globally through a South American partner, ISD-Brasil. ISD reaches Europe and Asia through our strategic partners.